4TH Generation Microlisa HIV Ag & Ab is an in- vitro qualitative enzyme immunoassay for the detection of antibodies to HIV-1 and/or HIV-2 and HIV-1 p24 antigen in human serum or plasma. It is intended for screening of blood donors or other individuals at risk for HIV-1 and/or HIV-2 infection and for clinical diagnostic testing.
- Use of Envelope Antigens gp41, C terminus of gp120 for HIV-1 and gp36 for HIV-2 & simultaneously detection of p24 antigen with p24 monoclonal antibodies
- Detection of Group O & subtype C for HIV-1 prevalent in India
- Colour coded reagents to monitor the procedural steps
- Assay procedure: 120 mins
- Shelf life: 18 months at 2-8°C
- Sensitivity 100% & Specificity 99.97%
- Significant reduction in window period
- Easy to use on automated and semi-automatic processor
4TH Generation Microlisa HIV Ag & Ab test is an enzyme immunoassay based on “Sandwich ELISA”. HIV envelop proteins gp41 representing immunodominant epitopes and anti-p24 antibodies are coated into microtiter wells. Specimens and controls are added to the microtiter wells and incubated. Antibodies to HIV-1 and HIV-2 if present in the specimen, will bind to the specific antigens absorbed onto the surface of the wells. The plate is then washed to remove unbound material.