Hepalisa is designed for in – vitro qualitative detection of Hepatitis B Surface antigen (HBsAg) in human serum or plasma and is used as a screening test for testing of collected blood prior to transfusion.
- Detects all the known 11-subtypes of HBV
- Antigen Sensitivity-0.1ng/ml.
- Two step Immunoassay.
- Short protocol: Based on single washing step.
- Assay Procedure: 90 mins.
- Shelf life-24 months at 2-8°C.
- Convenient pack size :96 tests
- Break-away wells for minimal wastage
- Easy interpretation of result
- Sensitivity & Specificity 100% by WHO.
Hepalisa is a solid phase enzyme linked immunosorbent assay based on the Direct Sandwich Elisa principle. The microwells are coated with Monoclonal antibodies with high reactivity for HBsAg. The samples are added in the wells followed by addition of enzyme conjugate (polyclonal antibodies linked to Horseradish Peroxidase (HRPO). A sandwich complex is formed in the well wherein HBsAg (from serum sample) is “trapped” or “sandwiched” between the antibody and antibody HRPO conjugate. Unbound conjugate is then washed off with wash buffer.