Advantage P.f. Malaria Card is a rapid, visual and sensitive immunoassay for the qualitative diagnosis of P.falciparum(P.f) specific Histidine-rich protein-(P.f. HRP-2) in human whole blood only.
- Rapid visual antigen based test for detecting infection with P.falciparum (HRP-2) malaria parasite in whole blood.
- Excellent Sensitivity & Specificity as per WHO Malaria RDTs Evaluation.
- Sensitivity of 50 -100 parasites per µl of blood.
- See through Device for easy result interpretation.
- Longer shelf life -30 months, storage at 4-30° C.
- Results within 20 minutes
Advantage P.f. Malaria Card is an immunoassay based on the “Sandwich principle” . Colloidal gold is conjugated to monoclonal anti- Pf specific HRP-2 antibody. The test uses monoclonal anti-Pf HRP-2 antibody (test line F) immobilized on a nitrocellulose strip. The test sample is added to the device. On addition of assay buffer, the red blood cells get lysed.If the sample contains P.falciparum the colloidal gold conjugate complexes the Pf specific HRP-2 in the lysed sample. This complex migrates through the nitrocellulose strip by capillary action. When the complex meets the line of the corresponding immobilized antibody, the complex is trapped forming a purplish pink band which confirms a reactive test result. Absence of a coloured band in the test region indicates a negative test result. To serve as a procedural control an additional line of anti-mouse antibody has been immobilized on the strip as control.
|Advantage P.f. Malaria Card
(i) WHO Evaluation:
The Advantage P.f. Malaria Card test kit has been evaluated by WHO, Geneva using a panel of wild & cultured malaria positive sample and the results obtained are as follows :